Welcome to week 4 of the One Room Challenge hosted by Linda at Calling it Home and House Beautiful magazine.
If you want to catch up on week one and see what my scheme looks like click here. Click for week two here. And three here.
Week 4! How did we get here already? I’m thrilled with the progress that’s been made not just in this space, but around the house as of late. Can I just say my wallpaper dreams have come true! Along with the ORC room, the entry and the parlor got some wallpaper love and I am friggen happy, to say the least. Please, follow me on Instagram. You see all the cool house updates in real time!
Ok so ORC updates.
- I bought paint. I bought it and I am sticking with the color this time. So yay for that. I went with Hague Blue from Farrow and Ball (color matched by Benjamin Moore). Hoping to get my tush in gear and get it up on the walls soon!
- The knobs and switch plates have been ordered from my sponsor Liberty Hardware and should be coming soon. Thank you to them for the amazing products.
- The crazy modern lamp from Lamps Plus came today and looks incredible. Truth be told, it may move around the house because it’s just that cool.
- Wallpaper from Drop it Modern went up Monday and well, I can not be more in love with it! I have what seems like a ton left over so maybe I’ll put some in the boys bathroom… maybe.
- The rug came in. And Oh Lord it’s everything I had hoped it would be. I had always wanted it ever since putting on my client’s stairway (in blue) and I’m glad I pulled the trigger.
Check out a couple of progress pictures
Can I tell you guys a little back story about what inspired this room…? Indulge me a minute, will you?
Craig and I took a trip out West 6 years ago. We drove from Long Island all the way to Wyoming and back, stopping in South Dakota and Montana to name a few places. It was a wonderful trip filled with lots of beautiful memories and one special souvenir, Freddy, our 5 year old son. You see, when we came home, I found out I was pregnant. Thrilled that we had gotten pregnant out on our very special vacation, I was inspired to make his nursery with touches of our trip. Things like a buffalo water color painting and deer antlers adorned his space and while I loved his room, I felt like with a new house, he needed a little upgrade but I still wanted to be able to remember where he came from.
So you see, the Antelope rug–we saw a ton of wild antelope out there, the wallpaper on the ceiling, which remind me of the constellations we saw while sleeping in a legit Tee Pee are just among the few things going in his room that will remind me of that trip. The trip that started our little family. Ok now I’m teary eyed. Ill stop right here. Back to the room.
Still on the list of things left to do:
- Fix the giant hole in the wall behind the door (yea I haven’t told you all about that….)
- Swap dressers with Henry (I decided not to paint the existing dresser- just didn’t have the heart to)
- Style the space
So there you have it. It’s all coming together. I am one happy mama.
Stay tuned for next week. Please make sure to check out the other Guest Participants and the 20 Original Bloggers!
Apartment 34 | Beginning in the Middle | Coco & Jack | The English Room | The Gold Hive | Gray Malin | Jenna Sue Design | Jojotastic | Kelly Rogers Int. | Linda Holt | Marcus Design | Michelle Gage | Natasha Habermann | The Painted House | Rambling Renovators | Sacramento Street | Shannon Claire | Sketch 42 | Stephanie Kraus | Style Me Pretty Living